Thursday, September 4, 2014

What I'm Loving About Motherhood

I love tiny, cool hands searching for my feet and legs when I sit down

I love his eyes that search for mine from across a room

I love his adventurous spirit that spurs him to crawl forever

I love the way his eyes light up when he sees Stogie

I love that he clings to me like a koala bear when I hold him

I love those rare moments when he's sad or sleepy and he lays his head against my shoulder

I love how friendly he is with other babies and people

I love that a smile is never far from his face

I love his "heh heh heh" laugh and that I'm the only one who can tickle him

I love his inquisitive gaze and gentle fingers as he searches my face and hair

I love that he grips my long hair in both hands so that he can lean further back

I love that he is just as crazy as I am when he is hungry

I love how he perks up and looks around when music starts playing

I love the new sounds he's learning and how excited he is by them (ffffff, shhhhh)

I love his babble and when he talks to himself

I love his squeals and screams of excitement (Curtis isn't excited that I encourage that)

I love how he plays with Stogie and that they share toys

I love his fascination with technology, smart phones and keyboards

I love that we always sing "Let's Go Fly a Kite" before nap time

I love how opening the pages of a book can make him sit so still

I love his sweet face when he looks around at new surroundings




It's not all rainbows and unicorns in motherland. My son drools enough to fill a pool. Lately he's been teething and scream-crying and refusing to nap. He seems to love scratching my eyes, nose, and lips with his tiny baby claws. His little will is growing and he will often tell me off in baby speak (a little mini teenager).

Being a mother isn't easy. But everyday, somehow, I love him more. And everyday I realize how much I need Jesus. Often, the hardest things are the best things.




No comments:

Post a Comment