Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Currently...

Oh look, two posts in one month! I am getting gooooood at this blogging thing. Please laugh with me at my obvious lack of scheduling or discipline. But I'm joining one of my favorite bloggers ever, Kristen at When At Home, with a post about what's going on with me right now! Make sure you watch Kristen's vlog, it's the best. And linkup with her! See what other bloggers are currently into!

///////////////////////////////////



Thinking...
 Lately I've been thinking a lot about transparency and community. After our move, I realized that while in Seattle we were lucky enough to experience really transparent community. When I think back to previous churches and previous relationships, while I was a part of some great churches (and not so great, let's be real) there was one thing always missing...transparency. Some tried and missed the mark, some had transparency but I wanted nothing to do with it, and some just didn't recognize the need for transparency among Christians. I can't seem to get away from this idea of transparency and how vital it is for a thriving Christian life. Expect some blog posts to be coming along soon!

Reading...
I'm reading Good News For Weary Women by Elyse Fitzpatrick. I love her. She's really embraced transparency and allows the truth of the gospel to affect every aspect of her life...she is the first to admit she's a mess and to point women to Jesus. Also, she's got a lot of sass. Basically, she's awesome.

Eating...
I'm eating ALL the things. When my MIL cooks, we're eating things like beef tips, gravy, and mashed potatoes. Or I'm eating pizza late at night. Or getting popcorn chicken bites and tater tots from Sonic. Or skillet queso from Chili's. I'm being sooooooooo healthy.

Loving...
I already posted about this, but I am loving motherhood. I was made to be a mother to boys. I'm so excited for El to start talking and running around, we are going to have so much fun!




Watching... 
I love Netflix. I love scifi shows. Eureka has me smitten.


Listening to...
 Y'all know Meghan Trainor right?! I've only posted EVERY video I can find of her performing All About That Bass on my Facebook page. I fall asleep with it in my head and wake up singing it. Ya it's pretty clear, I ain't no size 2. But I can shake it shake it like I'm supposed to do....

Also, loving Shake It Off by Taylor Swift. I. Love. Taylor. Swift. I'm not ashamed! I don't care who knows it! This video is so funny, I love how much fun she had trying out all the different dancing styles. And, can we just talk about her new hair? Those bangs. Girl crush on maximum.

Thankful for...
 We moved back to Texas without any jobs. That tends to be our thing, we moved to Seattle the same way. Then and now, God's provided the perfect jobs for us. Curtis found a part time job that utilizes his IT skills and pays him what he deserves (with the lower cost of living and lower minimum wage, plus looking for part time work we were not expecting him to snag much income). I found a restaurant that hired me as a bartender and is really close to where we're living. Plus, we qualified for some state help which is making this transition a million times easier.

Mostly, I'm thankful for my husband. We haven't had an easy marriage and I can take responsibility for a lot of that. Even though I'm still controlled a lot by my own fears and even though that directly affects our marriage, he continues to love and forgive me even when feeling the worst. I'm continually inspired by the love and dedication my husband demonstrates to me every day.

////////////////////////////

So that's what's going on in our neck of the woods! I'd love to hear what you are currently thinking, reading, loving, eating, watching, listening to, and thankful for! Grab some coffee, find a comfy place on the couch, and let's talk about our favorites.

4 comments:

  1. Stopping by from the link-up! Love hearing your heart. Thanks for sharing so openly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your list of "Eating" lol. I wish I would've added that to my Currently post. And there's no shame in loving Taylor Swift, she's talented, business-smart, and doesn't take herself to seriously. That new music video is awesome lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am literally obsessed with Taylor Swift's new song. It's so catchy and empowering. Anytime I hear it in the car, I turn it all the way up and sing my heart out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, so my boys are OBSESSED with Shake it off. Especially the baby guy. It's hilarious the way he points at the tv saying "shake shake shake" which means he wants youtube Taylor on now. And I have no shame in loving her and oh my word, I love her new hair.

    So glad you are settling well into your new town.

    Boys are awesome.

    Can't wait for our next Google Hang xxx

    ReplyDelete